Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New Friends



Well I have returned back to my place in Brooklyn after having spent a little over a month at the Forestburgh Playhouse completing successful runs of Javert in "Les Miserables" and Joe "Showboat". I have to say I worked with some of the most remarkably talented and diligently hard working group of young actors I have seen in quite a while. They all have this boundless energy that amazed me everyday I came into work. I watched them on several occasions rehearse a show early, perform a children's show in the afternoon, go back into rehearsal for a few hours, create an evening of beautiful theatre for very appreciative audiences, serve them food and drink, and then put on a cabaret all in the course of less than 24 hours . I often hear actors complain about work being difficult and although I'm sure it is I am in awe of this group of Forestburgh Playhouse 2009 Resident Company of Artists who do it day in and day out (with experience being the biggest form of payment). I know that any theatre will be fortunate to get these actors in there future casts. Thank you all very much for making my job easy!!! Until Next Time!!

1 comment:

  1. Would like to see this blogspot expanded to have videos from some of your performances.

    I only found 3 on your web site. Perhaps you cannot get necessary permission, but maybe you can have someone tape for you.
    Most are taken at such a far distance.

    It seems that it would be good advertisement for future live performances if producers of plays would have professional tapes made of shows and make them available through "youtube," etc. People then could put on their blogspots, facebooks and add to the marketing. But maybe shows are "sold-out" enough and they don't need it.

    On my blogspot I want to show "Free at Last," and probably will in the near future. If not sooner then maybe next year for Martin Luther King's birthday. Just wish the tape had better close ups. and had scenes done for a video.

    Your voice is powerful and yet you can make your singing soft as a lullaby.

    ReplyDelete